2 on 3 Counseling
Put Simply, 2 on 3 Counseling is a method of providing counseling to Veterans in a Wilderness environment away from the distractions and stressors of everyday life, preferably without Cell Service. Natural surroundings and the low pressure environment provided work hand in hand to eliminate stress and allow participants to open up about issues that are bothering them.
The name 2 on 3 refers to the capacity of the event. We take no more than 3 Participants on these retreats and no less that 2 Cadre (Staff).
Above all at these events, we have fun. Whether it’s going fishing, making fun of the guy that farted, or listening to a “No shit, there I was story,” our primary goal is to provide a fun open environment.
2 on 3 Counseling takes place outdoors in a Tent Camping Environment. This means that we have fun, play some pranks, and yell at whomever snores the loudest. This also means that if you need Special Physical accommodations, we need to know ahead of time. Otherwise you might find yourself sleeping in a car.
Grab Your Gear
Grab Your Gear
The general rule of thumb with all UWS Retreats is to bring any and all gear you will need to be comfortable for 3 night and 4 days Outdoors. We provide Gear such as Tents, sleeping bags, cooking equipment (including sliver ware, cups, plates, etc).
A Basic Packing List is as follows.
Outdoor Clothing, Pillow, Personal Hygiene Equipment, Shower Shoes, Hiking Boots, Sunscreen, Water Source (30oz or more), Wet Weather Gear, Fishing Gear, Baby Wipes
While we do offer non-medical counseling during our 2 on 3 trips, it is not required that you talk. Usually each night someone will share or talk about any issues they wish to and the Cadre (Staff) will lead the discussion. If no one wants to talk, well, we will probably go night fishing.
- You must be a United State Armed Forces Veteran, Honorably Discharged, Current Active, Current Reserve, or Current National Guard.
- You must be able to provide documentation to prove your Veteran status.
- Documents accepted
- Current LES
- Current ID
- Current Enlistment/Commission Status from Current Unit.
- Current VA ID
- Document Verification
- Documents submitted will be verified with the DOD, current Unit, or the US Department of Veteran Affairs as needed or appropriate.
- Documents accepted
- You must be comfortable spending an extended amount of time outdoors.
- We will have fallback areas and plans to reach medical facilities, but otherwise we will be outdoors.
- You are required to provide your own transportation to the event location.
- Any participant that needs transportation will need to notify us at least 14 days in advance.
- Transportation will be supplied if logistically possible and is not guaranteed.
- You must at least be able to provide the equipment in the basic packing list.
- UWS Reserves the right to add to or take away from requirements at any given time.
- Will food be provided?
- Yes, but you are welcome and encouraged to bring any snacks you can fit in your gear with you.
- What are we gonna be eating?
- In general we plan menus based on pricing and available food.
- Do you have Vegetarian options?
- Yep sure do. Please let us know ahead of time if you require specialized meals.
- How much luggage can I bring?
- Generally we would like you to limit gear to the size of a US Army standard Duffle Bag, a Standard Backpack, Fishing Gear and Sleeping Bag.
- Can I bring a cooler?
- Yes, but if riding with the Cadre, you might want to make sure you can leave it behind if there is no room
- Will there be AC?
- Only if you bring a portable one, AC is provided at the Winter Retreat only.
- Will there be showers?
- Generally we will try to have showers and a latrine available, but we might be too far out for that to be practical in some cases. Bring Baby Wipes, just in case.
- Are 2 on 3 trips Co-Ed?
- Yes, but just like any event that is Co-Ed we ask that maximum discretion be taken at all times. So, no running around camp with your weenie out.